Bachelor of Laws (LLB);Barrister at Law (BL), Nigeria & Ghana.
- Ghana School of Law -B.L.
- (Admitted to the Ghana Bar)October 3, 2003
- Senior Advocate of Nigeria (S.A.N.)September, 2003
- Nigerian Law School -B.L.1980 – 1981
- University of Ife, OsunState – LL.B.
- (Now ObafemiAwolowo Univ.) 1977 – 1980
Notable Professional Service: Key member of the Legislative Committee that reviewed the Admiralty Jurisdiction (Procedure) Rules 2009 & 2011
Founding Partner, Femi Atoyebi & Co. – 1987 to date.
Title: Solicitor & Advocate
- Specializing in Admiralty and commercial law practice:
- Mr. Femi Atoyebi (SAN) is the founding partner of the Firm. He was conferred with the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in 2003. He is an astute and ingenious advocate who specializes in maritime and commercial litigation and has also successfully engaged in the business advisory spectrum, especially in maritime, banking and finance, electricity and oil and gas transactions.
- He regularly attends maritime law conferences and seminars at home and abroad and delivers papers on live issues relating to shipping, maritime law & practice and related subjects.
- He acted as Legal Adviser to banks, oil companies, and government agencies in shipping between 2000 & 2010.
- Mr. Femi Atoyebi (SAN) and his colleagues have handled some land mark cases on collision, pollution and environmental issues.
- He has also advised several companies on public issues and capital acquisition by large companies, and huge recovery cases for banks running into billions of Naira.
- The learned silk and his team of lawyers has also represented and advise owners and operators of FPSO operating in Nigerian oil installations on marine insurance,taxation,compensation, etc.
- He has presented several seminars and training lecture papers on Maritime law, extent of the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court in Admiralty and Aviation matters, etc.
- He has also assisted the Lagos State Government in structuring a foreign loan running into Millions of US Dollars.
- He has provided advises to Niger Delta Power Holding Company in respect of power stations, the value of which is in excess of $1 Billion.
- Currently assisting local banks in the recovery of over 50 Billion naira secured by mortgage of ships and shares of power distribution companies.
Tafawa Balewa Square Management Committee
Sept. 1981 – Aug. 1982
Pioneer Legal Adviser NYSC
Lawal Adedayo & Co. (Attorneys) – Sept. 1982 – Mid 1984
Legal practice in Bills of Exchange & Debt Recoveries
Jimi Oduba’s Chambers (Attorneys) – Mid 1984 – April 1987
Exclusive Legal Practice in Admiralty & Shipping Law
An intensive one day workshop on the application of the High Court of Lagos State (Civil Procedure) Rules – 2004
Organiser: Centre for Law & Business
Facilitator of the Legal Workshop on Shipping & Admiralty Practice – 2012
Organiser: Femi Atoyebi & Co.
- Paper at the Annual All Federal High Court Judges Conference – 2015
- Paper at AMCON at Federal High Court Judges – 2016
- Paper at AMCON at Supreme Court – 2016